BlipBox Pro - Yamaha R1 2015-
What does this auto-blipper do ?
- This miniature module provides an fully programmable throttle 'auto blip' when ever a down-shift signal is requested by the rider.
- The signal to shift comes from a load cell integrated into the gear linkage
- There is no re-flash of the ECU and all existing sensors remain in place.
- Data from the throttle grip and the on-board CAN bus are used to determine the optimum shifting parameters
- Just plug it in using the fully pre-wired adapter loom and ride
- Installation typically takes 30 minutes.
Blip Box - Pro
- The Blip-Box-Pro for the R6 (2017 onward) comes fully pre-programmed with a 'blip map' for your bike with shift UP/DOWN activation from a load cell designed to fit directly to the existing gear change linkages, no new parts or fabrication are needed by the customer and the existing shift switch is simply replaced by one small load cell.
- This product is designed for road, race or trackday users who like the concept of shifting down without the clutch
- This load cell also replaces the standard up-shift switch on the bike so the Blip-Box takes over up shifting allowing a fully programmable shift load.
- Via a dedicated (yet simple) piece of software any user can link up over USB to modify all system parameters enabling custom 'blip maps' , shift loading and many other parameters. (requires additional BB-UCIF programming tool and software)
- Is there any re-wiring? - No, everything is a direct plug in using standard connectors
- Does the box need special mounting? - No it just cable ties to the side of the existing wiring in the tail of the bike.
- Are all existing systems retained? - Yes
- Are there any unusual warning lights on the dash? - No
- Can it be done at the Bike Sport workshop while I wait? - Yes but there is no need for professional installation as it would only take 30>40 minutes to fit.
- What model years are covered? - This kit is for Yamaha R6 - 2017 onward only
- What if my linkage is reversed, will it work - Yes, you can change the parameters for up shift and down shift in WinBLIP software using the USB interface tool, or you can have the load cell direction changed by as at the time of ordering.
- Can it be supplied by post and I fit myself? - Yes, no problem.